Call for Papers: The 11th South Asia Economic Policy Network Conference on Social Progress in South Asia
- TOPIC: Social Progress in South Asia
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- CONTACT: South Asia Chief Economist Office
The Office of the Chief Economist for the South Asia Region of the World Bank, in collaboration with BRAC Institute of Governance and Development (BIGD) is pleased to announce the 11th South Asia Economic Policy Network conference on Social Progress in South Asia.
- What factors drive intergenerational mobility and equality of opportunity in the South Asia region?
- What is the role of social structures such as caste systems, ethnicity, gender, and religious divisions in overall inequality in South Asia?
- What type of public policies and interventions can remove obstacles to intergenerational mobility and thereby promote equality of opportunity across individuals?
- What is the role of social movements/democratic civil society in generating evidence and raising voices?
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023