Internship: Center for Global Development
The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a part time or full time intern to provide administrative and research support to CGD’s executive office. The Intern will support the executive office in a broad array of functions.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $10- $14 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Assist executive office assistants in scheduling, mailings, and coordination of meetings.
- Track policy developments in relevant areas.
- Provide other research, writing and editing support related with specific projects.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
The Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Currently completing their final year in a Bachelors or Masters Program, ideally in economics, development studies, or a related field. Equivalent training in economics or other field central to development studies will also be considered.
- Must be available for at least 25-30 hours a week (ideally, three full work days).
- At least one year relevant work experience.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain records.
- Ability to work independently within a small, closely-knit organization.
- Competence in quantitative and qualitative research is desirable.
- Familiarity with data sources relevant to economic development research is desirable.
- Familiarity with current issues in development economics, foreign policy, and related topics.
Applicants should send a short cover letter, CV and short writing sample to email@example.com. Please indicate “Internship Executive Office” in the subject line.
CGD is committed to attract and maintain a diverse and dedicated workforce. Minorities, women and developing country nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.