Job: Country Director for New Ventures India
If you?are currently located in/ can re-locate to Hyderabad,?have a strong?interest in the acceleration of sustainable SMEs and their role as a driver for sustainable development, or know someone who?fulfills these characteristics, please read on and see the attached file for a full job description.?Applications?are due next September 19. ???
Position Summary:? The World Resources Institute (WRI) and CII-Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre (CII- Godrej GBC) is seeking an entrepreneurial and dynamic Country Director for its New Ventures India program with a background in business/finance and an interest in sustainable business and investment.New Ventures is a business accelerator that works toward long-term, sustainable natural resource use by supporting environmentally- and socially-responsible enterprises in emerging economies. We identify profitable small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) that generate unique social and environmental benefits and provide them with business advisory services and access to capital. Additionally, we work with local and international investment communities and networks to help further develop capital resources available to these enterprises. Since its inception in 1999, New Ventures has supported 178 sustainable enterprises worldwide and helped facilitate over US $120 million in investment into these enterprises.? In collaboration with local partners, New Ventures operates non-profit centers of sustainable entrepreneurship in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, China, Indonesia and India.
New Ventures India was launched in 2005 as a partnership between WRI and the Confederation of Indian Industries-Godrej Green Business Centre (CII-Godrej GBC), with seed funding from USAID. Since its inception, New Ventures India has supported and showcased 21 high-growth SMEs and facilitated $14 million of investment capital.? Since its inception, New Ventures India has built a support community for sustainable SMEs composed of a Steering Committee, Investor Network, and Coaches’ Network.??
Major Responsibilities: Working in collaboration with the CII-Godrej GBC in Hyderabad and the New Ventures Global team in Washington DC, the New Ventures India Country director will oversee all New Ventures activities in India.? This includes developing and implementing a strategic plan, managing the New Ventures India staff, raising funds for the program, ensuring that New Ventures India enterprises receive good enterprise development and investment facilitation support, and growing and strengthening the New Ventures India support community.???
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, economics or related fields.
- At least 7 years of work experience in business development, investment management, entrepreneurship, or sustainable investment. Experience with SMEs is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the South Asian region.
- Strong leadership skills and follow-through.
- Ability and desire to interact with investors and SMEs.
- Interest in / knowledge of sustainability.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in English and any major Indian dialect.
- Willingness to live and work in Hyderabad, India.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) and the Internet.