Job: Product Manager, MicroPlace
Job: Product Manager
Location: San Jose, CaliforniaAbout MicroPlace:
MicroPlace’s mission is to alleviate global poverty to enable every day people to make investments in the working poor. MicroPlace will accomplish this mission by maintaining a web-based marketplace to connect retail investors (every day people looking to invest as little as $100) with microfinance lending organizations that need capital. Investors can learn about microfinance, search investment opportunities and make investments in the microfinance investors.
Microfinance enables financial services to reach the world’s working poor, primarily in developing countries. Microcredit, currently the most well known product within microfinance, is the extension of small loans to entrepreneurs too poor to qualify for traditional bank loans or other forms of credit. In contrast to handouts, these small loans (typically between $50 and $500) enable the working poor to lift themselves out of poverty through hard work and entrepreneurial spirit. This approach has become a worldwide phenomenon and is widely recognized as a proven, market-driven solution to global poverty. The idea that the working poor can lift themselves out of poverty with dignity appeals to people of all political, social and economic backgrounds.
MicroPlace is a wholly-owned subsidiary of eBay, Inc.
As a product manager you will be responsible for defining product requirements, managing the product planning process and working closely with the development team to deliver new product features and functionality. MicroPlace follows an Agile development process. You will work closely with development to define requirements, plan releases and provide guidance during the implementation process. You will:
- Interact with business functions and partners to gather requirements for new product features
- Manage the road map and release plan for feature roll outs
- Manage the product planning process in conjunction with business heads and engineering
- Define product requirements including writing clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex features and products.
- Provide guidance to development during a development cycle to clarify requirements and ensure that the technical implementation meets the defined business requirements
- Work with QA to create test plans and acceptance criteria for product features
- Work with QA to triage, prioritize and manage bugs
- Provide training on new features to partners and the MicroPlace support organization
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a start up environment and is passionate about the social mission of MicroPlace. Successful applicants will be highly energetic, flexible, and comfortable working in close collaboration with the development team.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Five years of product management experience, working with internet applications preferably consumer facing websites. Experience in building backend systems a plus.
- Past experience in designing and managing the product planning process
- Ability to translate business requirements into product features and functions.
- Ability to write clear and detailed product requirements for complex features and functions
- Ability to work with partners and converse with technical and non-technical personnel fluently
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education: Bachelors degree
Please submit your resume to Susan McConnell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.