- Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc.
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1Fpr5gZFor questions: email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1Fpr5gZ
ABOUT THIRD SECTOR CAPITAL PARTNERS, INC.
Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. is a non-profit advisory firm whose mission is to accelerate America’s transition to a performance-driven social sector. Founded in 2011, Third Sector has positioned itself as a driver of innovative financing solutions and leading practitioner of Pay for Success (PFS) in the United States. By working closely with governments, social service providers, funders, and other stakeholders to design and implement Pay for Success projects – we are able to drive government resources toward proven programs that effectively improve the lives of the most vulnerable populations.
- Constructed and manages the largest financial PFS contract in the country – $28 million for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’s Juvenile Justice Pay for Success Initiative.
- As government advisor and transaction coordinator, Third Sector helped launch the nation’s first county-level PFS project in Cuyahoga County, OH (Cleveland).
- We have received a three-year, $1.9 million grant award as part of the Social Innovation Fund’s (SIF) inaugural PFS grant program – we’re the only full service advisory firm in the country to have received such a grant – and our goal is to accelerate the development of PFS projects across multiple levels of government nationwide, to share lessons learned with a broad community of stakeholders, and to increase adoption of evidence-based policy making.
- We have 37 engagements across the US and provide PFS advisory services to governments and service providers, including New York State, Illinois, Santa Clara County, CA, Virginia, Salt Lake City, UT, and Austin, TX.
- Recently named 2015 Global Game Changer by Boston Globe Magazine
- Third Sector’s work has been published or cited the Economist, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and employees have presented at a variety of conferences at the White House, Harvard Business School, and international events such as: SOCAP.
- Growing organization with over 30 staff split between offices in Boston and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE: ANALYST
We are looking for a highly driven, rigorous professional to join our fast-paced, innovative, and growth-oriented firm advancing PFS across the country. You will work closely with Partners, Directors, and Associates providing direct support on PFS feasibility & technical assistance and/or construction projects. In addition, you will also play an integral role in supporting business development efforts, procurement responses, and internal initiatives driving Third Sector’s continued growth.
WHO YOU ARE
You embody an entrepreneurial spirit and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards in work and in your personal life. You thrive in ambiguous work environments and you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to push projects forward. Most importantly, you believe in the power of financial solutions to drive positive change, and you are passionate about applying them to social challenges that face the US today.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY AT THIRD SECTOR…
Meaningful work allows you the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here.
The Outcomes from Your Work in this Role
Members of our team can work at all types of organizations. They choose to work here for our mission, our commitment, and our dedication to our client base.
- You will have the opportunity to get in on the ground of an emerging and nascent field, enabling to help define its’ direction.
- You will help change the way that funding is allocated when directed towards supporting underserved populations, you will ensure funding is available to drive positive impact when it is needed, not months or years after.
- You will be a part of an organization that is setting the stage for PFS in the US with innovative models designed to be scalable and replicable, an organization that is striving to be seen as the thought-leaders and agents of change in the world of philanthropic funding.
- You will clearly observe the impact that your hard work has created for our clients.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will quickly develop and hone a unique set of skills with this opportunity to work at Third Sector, including:
- Working with a team that values and supports proactivity, make your ideas known and your work successes transparent and your autonomy will increase quickly.
- Being given the opportunity to step up to new challenges that stretch your abilities, because there is no better way to learn and grow than by doing.
- Having the opportunity to self-direct areas of professional growth that interest and excite your, gaining mentorship and support from the team.
- Mastering how to conduct thorough research and compile findings in a enticing and effective way, driving our mission forward to define the PFS sector.
- Being exposed to best practices when it comes to client management and relationship building with high profile professionals, such as: bank leadership and mayors.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
Although we work hard and fast to serve our clients, we are committed to rewarding a sustainable work-life balance for our team. To do so, we offer:
- A firm where every idea is worth exploring. Advocate for yourself and your projects, bring your A game, and your success will build quickly.
- A working environment where creativity and calculated risk-taking are encouraged, where people are not constrained to assigned work flows, and instead are driven to build a better company and PFS eco-system.
- An open and casual work space where colleagues are very friendly and open to collaboration, idea sharing, and support.
- A flexible working schedule that allows you to capitalize on when and where you work best.
- A comprehensive and growing benefits package
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
Feasibility & Technical Assistance and Project Construction
- Supporting the day-to-day implementation of the project work plan, including the scheduling, preparing, and follow up for client meetings and calls.
- Working closely with Associates in maintaining rigor and responsiveness to clients.
- Supporting Associates in conducting quantitative and qualitative research of social service providers and government, including intervention landscape analysis and budget assessments.
- Creating deliverables for client meetings, including project briefs, presentations, and written reports.
- Supporting Partners, Directors and Associates in business development outreach and response to government procurements.
- Researching and preparing materials for growth capital opportunities.
- Drafting outreach materials for use with prospective clients and funders, this will include drafting of grant applications, procurement responses, and other development-related materials.
- Attending client meetings with Partners, Directors, and Associates.
Special Projects and Initiatives development
- Strategic communication and marketing initiatives
- Internal capacity building and research-based projects
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- A strong analytical & quantitative skill set.
- Experience working with financial statements, large data sets, and modeling.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative research, analyze data, synthesize information, identify critical issues, and present organizes conclusions and recommendations.
- An exceptional communicator, who is comfortable conversing and presenting to diverse audiences – including high-level executives and government officials.
- Constantly striving to improve and develop professionally, who is committed to giving and receiving honest and constructive individual and team performance feedback.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive in seeking out opportunities for improvement – both as a professional and for the benefit of the company.
- Comfortable and thrives in ambiguous environments,who is able to remain productive and effective even when there is not clear direction on how to achieve project objectives.
- Able to bring rigorous attention to detail and high quality standards to their work.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by Third Sector leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You will be invited to join our growing team in Boston or San Francisco. You will receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!
Note: Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills. Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or protected genetic information.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Further, as we are the recipient of federal grants and as all persons hired may be assigned to work on such grants, we are required to perform a criminal record check after an offer of employment is made. Third Sector is a proud grantee of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s Social Innovation Fund program.