- Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc.
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1FprzDGApplication Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.For any questions, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THIRD SECTOR CAPITAL PARTNERS, INC.
Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. is a non-profit advisory firm whose mission is to accelerate America’s transition to a performance-driven social sector. Founded in 2011, Third Sector has positioned itself as a driver of innovative financing solutions and leading practitioner of Pay for Success (PFS) in the United States. By working closely with governments, social service providers, funders, and other stakeholders to design and implement Pay for Success projects – we are able to drive government resources toward proven programs that effectively improve the lives of the most vulnerable populations.
- Constructed and manages the largest financial PFS contract in the country – $28 million for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’s Juvenile Justice Pay for Success Initiative.
- As government advisor and transaction coordinator, Third Sector helped launch the nation’s first county-level PFS project in Cuyahoga County, OH (Cleveland).
- We have received a three-year, $1.9 million grant award as part of the Social Innovation Fund’s (SIF) inaugural PFS grant program – we’re the only full service advisory firm in the country to have received such a grant – and our goal is to accelerate the development of PFS projects across multiple levels of government nationwide, to share lessons learned with a broad community of stakeholders, and to increase adoption of evidence-based policy making.
- We have 37 engagements across the US and provide PFS advisory services to governments nationwide and service providers, including in: New York State, Illinois, Santa Clara County, CA, Virginia, Salt Lake City, UT, Austin, TX and Los Angeles County, CA.
- Recently named 2015 Global Game Changer by Boston Globe Magazine.
- Third Sector’s work has been published or cited the Economist, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and employees have presented at a variety of conferences at the White House, Harvard Business School, and international events such as: SOCAP.
- Growing organization with over 30 staff split between offices in Boston and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE: ASSOCIATE
We are looking for a values-driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to quarterback the execution of our on-the-ground PFS efforts. You will work closely with Partners and Directors to design, construct, and execute our PFS projects across the country. Your primary focus will be on day-to-day management and leadership on PFS feasibility & technical assistance and/or construction projects. Associates also will proactively support Third Sector’s business development outreach and response to government procurements – a critical responsibility on our team.
WHO YOU ARE
You thrive in ambiguous environments and approach your work with rigor and a drive to continually better your professional skills and the performance of the organization. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to create dynamic solutions, and are able to step up as a leader to push projects forward. You hold yourself to the highest ethical standards in your professional and personal life. Most importantly, you believe in the power of financial solutions to drive positive change, and you are passionate about applying them to social challenges that face the US today.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY AT THIRD SECTOR…
Meaningful work allows you the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here.
The Outcomes from Your Work in this Role
Members of our team can work at all types of organizations. They choose to work here for our mission, our commitment, and our dedication to our client base.
- You will have the opportunity to get in on the ground of an emerging and nascent field, enabling to help define its’ direction.
- You will help change the way that funding is allocated when directed towards supporting underserved populations, you will ensure funding is available to drive positive impact when it is needed, not months or years after.
- You will be a part of an organization that is setting the stage for PFS in the US with innovative models designed to be scalable and replicable, an organization that is striving to be seen as the thought-leaders and agents of change in the world of philanthropic funding.
- You will clearly observe the impact that your hard work has created for our clients.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
You will quickly develop and hone a unique set of skills with this opportunity to work at Third Sector.
- You will work closely with our clients, typically “a level above” a comparable role in a traditional advisory firm.
- You will be given a lot of independence and autonomy from the get-go, take the lead on your projects because there is no better way to learn than by doing.
- You will be exposed to a variety of high profile clients, enabling you to perfect your unique style of nurturing and managing relationships.
- Your project management skills will quickly improve from good to excellent as you learn to adapt quickly to this fast-paced, detail-oriented field.
- You will learn how to “manage up” as you work closely with senior members of our team who expect open communication and honest feedback to drive consistent improvement.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
Although we work hard and fast to serve our clients, we are committed to rewarding a sustainable work-life balance for our team. To do so, we offer:
- A firm where every idea is worth exploring. Advocate for yourself and your projects, bring your A game, and your success will build quickly.
- A working environment where creativity and calculated risk-taking are encouraged, where people are not constrained to assigned work flows, and instead are driven to build a better company and PFS eco-system.
- An open and casual work space where colleagues are very friendly and open to collaboration, idea sharing, and support.
- A flexible working schedule that allows you to capitalize on when and where you work best.
- A comprehensive and growing benefits package.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
Primary: Feasibility & Technical Assistance and Project Construction
- Executing day-to-day implementation of the project work plan as well as client management including scheduling, preparing, and leading on-site client meetings and calls.
- Developing financial and economic models, including cash flows, social impact scenarios, projected cost-benefit analyses, and financial structuring options.
- Leading qualitative research for social service providers, including intervention landscape analysis.
- Creating deliverables for client meetings, including project beliefs, presentations, and written reports.
- Supporting Partners and Directors in overall process and relationship management with clients.
- Proactively supporting Third Sector’s business development outreach efforts and response to government procurements.
- Drafting grant applications, procurement responses, and other development-related materials.
- Leading day-to-day management and execution of work plan as established by Partner or Director, or including client or external partner relationship management.
Special Projects and Initiatives (as needed)
- Supporting strategic communication and marketing initiatives.
- Supporting internal capacity building and research-based projects.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE …
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience and a professional background in business management, finance, public policy, or a similar field.
- A strong analytical & quantitative skillset, who is advanced in translating this knowledge with Excel & PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience working with financial statements, large data sets, and modeling.
- A demonstrated track-record in managing multiple, complex projects with clear outcomes and high expectations.
- An ability to conduct qualitative research, analyze data, synthesize information, identify critical issues, and present organizes conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent and engaging writing skills, as well as strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Incredibly articulate and poised – able to speak openly and easily with high-level executives and government officials; a fearless communicator.
- Entrepreneurial, who is proactive in seeking out opportunities for improvement – both as a professional and for the benefit of the company.
- Able to earn influence without authority.
- Comfortable and able to thrive in ambiguous environments, is able to remain productive and effective even when there is not clear direction on how to achieve project objectives within tight time frames.
Bonus if you’re someone…
- With a Master’s in Business Administration, Master’s in Public Policy, or other relevant graduate degree.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to early applicants. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by Third Sector leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You will be invited to join our growing team in Boston or San Francisco. You will receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!
Note: Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills. Third Sector Capital Partners, Inc. does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or protected genetic information.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Further, as we are the recipient of federal grants and as all persons hired may be assigned to work on such grants, we are required to perform a criminal record check after an offer of employment is made. Third Sector is a proud grantee of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s Social Innovation Fund program.
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1FprzDG