- Accion International
- Washington, DC
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Research Manager is responsible for designing, leading and coordinating research on various aspects of financial inclusion for the Center for Financial Inclusion (CFI). This will include both projects conducted directly by the Research Manager (alone and with others) and projects conducted by external researchers under contract to CFI.
All research carried out by and for CFI is strongly action oriented. Therefore, the Research Manager will be an active communicator (reports, blogs, data display, webinars, speaking events, etc.) and will engage the stakeholders for whom the research is intended to ensure that the research will influence action in the sector.
The ideal candidate has expertise in digital financial services and/or financial capability development, with experience in the developing world.
The role reports to the Director of Research with a dotted line to the Managing Director of CFI.
Research and Analysis
- Help identify research priorities for CFI
- Perform research and analysis on a range of topics related to digital financial services, financial capability or other topics in the field of financial inclusion
- Oversee research carried out by external contractors, such as the CFI fellows
- Present results though clear and compelling reports, presentations, data display, blog posts, etc.
- Design and manage long-term, multi-stakeholder research projects;
- Work with cross-department teams within Accion
- Coordinate consultative processes on critical financial inclusion issues; convene and lead meetings of senior leaders in financial inclusion; identify stakeholders, create agendas and recruit participants;
- Work with Managing Director to secure new funding; communicate and update funders on progress as needed.
Represent CFI Externally
- Develop relationships for CFI with key financial inclusion stakeholders;
- Represent CFI at industry conferences and events domestically and internationally;
- Prepare materials for presentation and discussion in meetings and conferences.
Please, apply online: