Making Financial Inclusion a Global Reality by 2020: Financial Inclusion 2020 invites nominations for the Global Forum, Oct. 28-30, 2013
Financial Inclusion 2020 (FI2020) is building a movement that mobilizes stakeholders around the globe to achieve full financial inclusion, using the year 2020 as a focal point for action.
To help map an action agenda for bringing about the financial inclusion of more than 2 billion people around the world by 2020, the project is organizing the Global Forum, a one-time event that will take place on October 28-30, 2013 in London.
The forum will be a rare opportunity to engage a broad range of players in financial inclusion in a collaborative environment. It will also communicate the findings of the FI2020 Roadmap to Financial Inclusion and Mapping the Invisible Market to the leaders capable of making full financial inclusion a global reality. It has attracted key speakers, including:
- Michael Corbat, CEO of Citigroup
- Ajaypal Banga, CEO of MasterCard Worldwide
- Elizabeth Buse, Global Executive, Solutions, Visa Inc.
- Sendhil Mullainathan, Professor of Economics at Harvard
- Shamshad Akhtar, Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations
- Cherie Blair, Founder, the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Matthew Bishop, U.S. Business Editor and New York Bureau Chief, The Economist
The forum has a very limited number of seats available, but it’s currently accepting nominations for senior executives and thought leaders to attend. Nominations are welcome from around the world, but those from Africa, Asia, and Latin America will be prioritized. Nominations can come from:
- Banks, insurance companies and other financial service providers
- Telecommunications companies
- Industries that source from and/or serve the BoP
- Central banks and other regulatory bodies
- Underserved client groups (e.g. women, youth, rural populations, persons with disabilities, the elderly, migrants and refugees)
- Innovative start-up companies – please click here for further details
- The following focus countries: Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Philippines, India and Pakistan
If you would like to nominate a candidate for the forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. (Individuals can nominate themselves, or others from within their organization.)
The event is organized in partnership with Citi, Visa Inc., MasterCard Worldwide, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, MetLife Foundation, Western Union Foundation, and the Financial Times.