Meet the Cohort of TED India Fellows
ThinkChangeIndia pointed my attention to the announcement of TED’s India Fellows. We wrote about the Fellowship earlier this year and are thrilled to see a list full of friends and organizations that have been part of NextBillion in one way or another. Here’a a quick sample:
- Nitin Rao, former NextBillion Staff Writer, Founder of Engineers for Social Impact, an engineering fellowship, and Let Me Know
- Leila Chirayath Janah: Founder of Samasource, interviewed by NextBillion
- Rose Shuman: Founder of Open Mind/ Question Box and featured by NextBillion in several posts in the past
- Katherine Hill, India Energy Portfolio Manager for Acumen Fund, author of a fantastic piece on the working capital gap, recently featured on NextBillion
- M. Yasmina McCarthy, Co-founder and CEO of GreenMango, a virtual marketplace connecting small businesses in the informal economy with their customers. Nitin Rao wrote about GreenMango in the pages of NextBillion
Congratulations to all the TED India Fellows. Such a program could easily become a turning point for their ventures. We’ll be ready to continue reporting on their progress.
For those of you out there who are interested in applying for future fellowships, make sure to check out the details of the program.