Srijan Microfinance Business Plan Competition 2008
Intellecap in partnership with Aavishkaar Goodwell and The Financial Express has announced the launch of the Srijan Microfinance Business Plan Competition 2008.
Deadline: March 15, 2008
Srijan (meaning creation in English) is a search for entrepreneurs, groups, individuals and microfinance institutions with innovative ideas and viable business models that aim at improving the sector and promoting financial inclusion of the poor. This annual business plan competition provides both start ups and established businesses an excellent opportunity to:
- Showcase innovative and dynamic ideas that can fuel the microfinance sector;
- Network with people who are not only interested in the sector, but also monitor and promote it;
- Gain the assistance of experts within the sector to further build upon their ideas;
- Build linkages to the investment community;
- Receive mentoring support from experts;
- Win cash awards
Above all, Srijan provides entrepreneurs an opportunity to actually see their business plans being implemented.
We have blogged about previous editions of the competition here. One of the promising businesses emerging from the 2007 edition is dhanaX. Currently in closed beta testing, dhanaX hopes to create a credible lending platform that enables individuals to give loans to micro-entrepreneurs and other needy borrowers through a network of partner organizations in India.
Those interested need to register and submit a 5 page business summary (inclusive of the cover page) to submit [AT] srijan2008 [DOT] com. Registration forms and competition details can be downloaded at http://srijan2008.com/srijan.html.
(Via Suggest a Story)