World Ocean Summit Coming to Mexico March 7-9: NextBillion Readers Get 20% Discount
The fifth World Ocean Summit will be held at Riviera Maya, Mexico, on March 7-9, 2018, and will grapple with some of the most intractable problems plaguing the world’s oceans — as well as explore new possibilities. The event convenes more than 360+ global leaders from government, industry, multilateral organisations, the scientific community and civil society for a constructive and solution-focused dialogue.
Since 2012, The Economist Group has hosted the World Ocean Summit, leveraging our convening power and reputation for quality, objective journalism to bridge the sometimes dissonant perspectives of business, government and civil society in how we use our troubled seas. The vision is an ocean in robust health and with a vital economy; the purpose, to accelerate the transition to the sustainable use of the ocean.
Confirmed speakers include:
– President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto
– Minister of climate and environment, Norway, Vidar Helgesen
– Minister of housing, territorial planning and environment, Eneida de León
– President of Iceland, Gudni Jóhannesson
– Prime Minister of Norway, Erna Solberg
– Managing Director and chief executive, YES Bank, Rana Kapoor
– Vice president of The European Investment Bank, Jonathan Taylor
Editor’s note: NextBillion will be a media partner with the event and our readers can enjoy a 20 percent discount by entering code NextB20/DC at registration checkout.
Daphne Ugarte is part of the marketing team at The Economist Events, assisting with strategic global media partnerships.