Register for Social Finance Forum, Canada’s Leading Impact Investing Event – Get 10% Discount
Now in its 10th year, the Social Finance Forum, organized by MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, is Canada’s leading gathering of impact investors, social entrepreneurs and social finance professionals. The forum convenes a robust audience from impact investors, impact ventures, fellow intermediaries to funders alike.
Hear from 50+ speakers over two thought-provoking days
- Keynotes by James Lee Sorenson (chairman, Sorenson Impact Foundation); Antony Bugg-Levine (CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund).
- Other speakers include Fran Seegull, (executive director, U.S. Impact Investing Alliance, Ford Foundation); Lauren Booker Allen, (senior manager, impact investing, Omidyar Network).
- Panels on investing for diversity, frontier markets, development impact bonds, exit strategies and new technologies in impact investing
- Lightning talks – Big ideas in under 10 minutes
- 2017 Social Finance Award winners
- Venture pitch competition
PLUS Evening receptions, networking opportunities and tours of MaRS, the world’s largest urban innovation hub.
Social Finance Awards
Applications are open for the Social Finance Awards. The awards are presented to leaders who are playing a pivotal role in catalyzing the Canadian social finance marketplace. The awards are to showcase and celebrate the efforts that individuals and organizations are making to mobilize private capital for public good.
The winners will be announced at the forum on Nov. 10. There are four award categories, including:
- RBC Innovating for Youth Award
- Ewart Newton Award for Social Innovation
- Impact Investor of the Year
- Social Enterprise of the Year
Entrants in the Ewart Newton Award must be nominated by someone else; in all other categories, you can only apply for yourself. The deadline for applications is Oct. 20.
Venture pitch competition
Startup founders compete to be named Canada’s Best Impact Entrepreneur and win $5,000. This year the competition will be even bigger than ever, with eight ventures pitching in the main auditorium on day one and three finalists pitching to the entire audience on day two for a $5,000 prize graciously donated by RBC.
NextBillion is a media partner of the event and readers can get a 10 percent discount by registering HERE.
Muska Ulhaq is a project manager for the Social Finance Forum and an associate at the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.
Photo courtesy of MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.