2017 State of the Sector Webinar
Join members of the Council on Smallholder Agricultural Finance (CSAF) for this year’s “State of the Sector” webinar, which will coincide with the publication of CSAF’s annual report.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19, 2017 AT 10:00 – 11:00 AM EDT
Drawing upon data and insights from the portfolios of eleven CSAF members and affiliates, our discussion will focus on the evolving credit market for agricultural SMEs, including:
- Growth and risk trends from 2016
- Market outlook for 2017 and beyond
- What’s needed to grow the sector and expand impact
- Gaëlle Bonnieux, Head Agriculture Debt Financing, responsAbility Investments
- Hugo Couderé, Senior Adviser, Alterfin
- Brian Milder, Executive Vice President, Root Capital
Formally established in 2014, CSAF convenes the world’s leading agricultural lenders to exchange ideas, identify best practices, and develop industry standards. Its members are focused on creating a thriving, sustainable, and transparent financial market to serve the financing needs of agricultural SMEs in low- and middle-income countries.
In 2016, the eleven lenders that comprise CSAF issued loans totaling a combined $682 million to over 750 business across 65 countries. This financing helped to fuel an estimated $7.6 billion in combined annual revenue for these businesses, which connected 2.3 million smallholder farmers to local and international markets.
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017