This year, #FinHealthMatters Day is on April 25th and will focus on the future of financial health. Mark your calendars and help us once again bring attention to Americans’ financial health through this social media campaign. We will provide more information in the coming weeks on how to participate. Stay tuned!
Poor and vulnerable people in emerging markets and developing countries are affected most by natural disasters. They suffer disproportionately due to their higher vulnerability and exposure and lower ability to cope and recover. In 2019, our Consultative Forums will explore how insurance providers, policymakers, insurance regulators and supervisors can collaborate to reduce the protection gap and help to build resilience in the face of climate risk and natural disasters. The 15th Consultative Forum provides a platform for dialogue between these stakeholders, as well as the opportunity to meet with and learn from colleagues and experts involved in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation from Latin America and other regions.
Who should attend?
Senior representatives of insurance regulatory and supervisory authorities, supervisors from other relevant sectors, policymakers, insurers, brokers, climate change experts, aggregators, and international development partners.
What are the key themes?
* Why does the protection gap exist and why does it need to be addressed urgently?
* What roles can different stakeholders play in building resilience to natural catastrophes related to climate change?
* Is insurance always the best – and only solution? What other disaster risk management approaches could be adopted to help solve the enormous challenges?
* How can regional and sovereign disaster risk financing tools and microinsurance reinforce and not undermine one another?
Who are the hosts?
The 15th Consultative Forum is organised by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) and the Microinsurance Network (MiN). It will take place alongside the FSI – ASSAL – IAIS Regional Seminar for Insurance Supervisors of Latin America (8-9 May 2019)and will be hosted by the Superintendencia de Seguros y Reaseguros de Panamáand supported by the Association of Insurance Supervisors of Latin America (ASSAL).
Follow on social media: #15thCF
For the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to succeed more financing must be unlocked. The developing world alone faces an annual investment gap of approximately $2.5 trillion dollars.
With traditional development aid from public and philanthropic sources increasing modestly, blended finance is being looked at as the solution to unlocking capital for the SDGs. By using catalytic capital from public and philanthropic sources, to crowd-in private sector investment in developing countries, blended finance has the potential to result in as much as a ten-fold increase in investment. The SDGs also present a large investment opportunity for the private sector, who can seek attractive returns by investing in well-structured blended finance transactions on the right terms. Based on our data, blended finance has already mobilized over $125 billion of capital towards sustainable development in developing countries.
For blended finance to make a material difference towards the SDGs, diverse stakeholders such as commercial investors, development agencies, impact investors, philanthropic foundations and development finance institutions, must develop a strong understanding of both the theory and practice behind this collaborative approach. As the global network for blended finance, Convergence has unique insights on each stakeholder and the various factors that unlock their participation. In designing this training program, we have leveraged our experience, data, and network to create a practical and actionable blended finance training curriculum.
Over 3 days, hundreds of innovators will converge to share cutting-edge strategies and thought leadership on earning the trust of customers, employees, and communities.
In an era focused on transparency, expectations around trust are changing – and that has big implications for your business. Join us in Scottsdale for a timely conversation about trust, technology, and what it all means for consumer financial health.
- Stay ahead of the curve. Turn the trust imperative into a competitive advantage. Through expert insights, research, and policy updates, EMERGE helps you develop innovative practices that support your stakeholders and your brand.
- Unparalleled networking. With hundreds of attendees from influential organizations, EMERGE is the perfect place to meet partners or investors who share your commitment to financial health.
- Go home inspired. Set against Scottsdale’s stunning mountain backdrop, this year’s conference offers opportunities to connect with colleagues, reflect on what you’ve learned, and go home ready to drive meaningful change.
The 22nd MFC Annual Conference will tackle the practical side of digitalization in the financial inclusion sector through case studies, trend analysis and discussion of emerging best practice. The agenda will include a full range of workshops, panel discussions and side meetings to explore different aspects of the digitalization in financial inclusion, and will also feature a number of important concurrent events:
- To encourage innovation, the Fintech Marketplace will be hosted where financial institutions and technology companies can engage to discuss challenges and solutions and build new partnerships.
- The Social Investor Fair will bring together socially-oriented donors and investors with MFIs seeking funding, and provide a space for one-on-one to discuss funding needs opportunities, and explore potential new financial partnerships.
- The 5th Annual CEO Forum Summit – an exclusive space for CEOs and MFI leaders to discuss challenges, share their experience and expand their knowledge and practice horizons. The CEO Forum Summit will be held as a post-conference event on 1 June 2019.
- Pre-conference workshop on product pricing in microfinance.
- The Microfinance Associations Summit – a unique occasion for associations to meet, share experience and discuss cooperation possibilities.
- A Gala Dinner with a mesmerizing atmosphere and good food will set the backdrop for relaxed networking and lively conversation on emerging topics.
Globally, 2 billion people remain unbanked and women lag behind men in terms of access to formal accounts, credit and savings products. 80% of women-owned small businesses have unmet credit needs, resulting in a credit gap of up to $320 billion. Closing the gender gap in financial inclusion could help reduce poverty and foster economic growth worldwide. FinEquity is a global community of practice to advance women’s financial inclusion.
Join us for the FinEquity Spring Member Meeting in Istanbul on May 29, 2019 to share and learn about innovations in women’s financial inclusion, social norms, data measurement frameworks and more. This is your opportunity to learn from your peers and help shape the strategic direction of the FinEquity community.
The FinEquity meeting will be part of the Microfinance Center’s pre conference events. FinEquity members who are interested in attending the 2019 MFC Conference can attend the conference at a discounted rate. You will receive a 25% discount code after you register for the FinEquity Spring Member Meeting.
This 22nd MFC Annual Conference will tackle the practical side of digitalization in the financial inclusion sector through case studies, trend analysis and discussion of emerging best practice. The agenda will include a full range of workshops, panel discussions and side meetings to explore different aspects of the digitalization in financial inclusion, including:
Agile ways of working
Developing staff digital competency
Digital client experience
Non-credit digital products
Responsible digital financial services
Digital risk management
Regulatory issues connected with digitalization
Financial services for migrants
Digital tools for improving financial health
FinTechs and financial inclusion
Designing the micro-businesses ecosystem
Fintech Storm is hosting a landmark Fintech Conference-‘Bengaluru Fintech Summit’ on 30th and 31st May 2019 in Bengaluru. The 2 day summit will bring together 200 CEOs, decision makers and innovators from Banking, Financial Services, Fintech ecosystem, startups and investor community, and the policy makers from Govt. of India.
This summit brings together preeminent thought leaders from India and around the world for days of non-stop and thought-provoking keynotes and panel discussions. This a nice opportunity for Fintech enthusiasts from around the world to meet and network with Market leaders, Government, regulators, startup ecosystem, influencers and institutional investors.