- High-Level Panels (HLPs) are highly visible segments of the programme and feature high-profile policymakers and speakers for thought-provoking debates.
- Lab Debates are smaller version of HLPs. They foster debates on the EDD 2022’s topics in an interactive and engaging way.
- Project/Report Presentations are for organisers to share their latest reports and projects on a topic relevant to the EDD’s main theme.
- Brainstorming Sessions are interactive, topic-oriented sessions that enable organisers to involve the audience in rolling-up their sleeves and proposing concrete recommendations through facilitated group-problem solving. Brainstorming sessions will only be held onsite.
- Agora Sessions are an open, multi-purpose area where the EDD community can meet, discuss and listen to new ideas in short, 20-minute sessions held entirely onsite. Agoras are the perfect setting for more informal, highly dynamic discussions.
In the Community Guide you will find more information about each session type, the milestones and deadlines, and the facilities offered during the event.
Please note that while the EDD 2022 will be a hybrid event, Session Organisers and moderators/facilitators must attend in person onsite. Also, we strongly urge speakers to attend in person onsite.
The EDD venue in Brussels and its session spaces will be accessible to all including people with disabilities.
How to find partners and share ideas
For each EDD 2022 theme, you can join a group of discussion to interact with other participants, share information and build potential partnerships. Register for and access the groups via the following links:
The EDD are a carbon-neutral event. In 2021 the event’s total emission of 208 tons of CO2 was offset with climate actions in Zambia and in Guatemala.
For EDD 2022, session and stand organisers will join the European Commission in offsetting the forum’s footprint by supporting Gold Standard certified projects.