Assets Learning Conference 2016
Every year, the ALC brings together 1,300+ professionals dedicated to creating an opportunity economy in the United States. With financial insecurity and inequality at all-time highs, now is the time for these service providers, advocates, researchers, philanthropists and others to come learn from each other about the products, policies and partnerships needed to ensure all families can achieve their dreams.
As the only event of its kind to address the entire range of moments that affect an individual’s or family’s financial well-being, the ALC offers sessions about savings for adults and children, entrepreneurship and self-employment, homeownership, strategies to close the racial wealth divide, the integration of financial capability services and more. With all the ALC has to offer, there’s something for everyone.
We work tirelessly throughout the year leading up to the ALC to develop a program tailored to your needs and interests. Here’s a sneak peak of what is in store for this year:
- 6 plenary sessions, each with high-profile speakers who will pique your curiosity and make you eager to learn more.
- More than 60 breakout sessions that will make you look forward to going back home to implement what you learn.
- Several afternoon-long capacity-building workshops, which offer in-depth, hands-on training on issue areas and competency areas you’ve told us you want to learn more about.
- Advocacy visits to Capitol Hill, and a training session to help advocates prove to their lawmakers the value of their work—during the Hill Visits and beyond.
- Special networking events, including the D.C. Street Fair—back by popular demand—and our first-ever Choose Your Own Adventure Night!
With three action-packed days, the 2016 ALC offers endless possibilities for you to design the ideal Conference experience. Join us to make your vision for an opportunity economy a reality!
Location: Washington, DC
Dates: September 28, 2016 - September 30, 2016