Can Social Entrepreneurs Revitalize Rural Livelihoods in the Post-COVID Era?
COVID has had a massive impact on livelihoods, especially in rural areas. In the early phase of lockdowns, this was further exacerbated by reverse migration from cities to rural areas.
This webinar will highlight the impact of COVID on rural livelihoods and explore how social entrepreneurship can create jobs and spur the growth of rural micro-entrepreneurs. The panelists will highlight how clean, decentralized energy can act as a catalyst for job creation and in turn accelerate green recovery.
04:30 – 04:35 – Introductions
04:35 – 05:30 – Discussion
05:30 – 05:45 – Q&A
– Saskia Werther, Programme Manager, Doen Foundation
– Madan Padaki, Co-Founder, Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship
– Annurag Batra, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, BW BusinessWorld
– Samik Das, Senior Specialist, The World Bank
– Abhishek Pathak, Co-Founder & Director, Greenwear Fashion
– Ananth Aravamudan, Practice Lead- Energy, Villgro Innovations Foundation
Time: 4:30 PM IST / 6:00 AM ET
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2020