Catalytic Capital Investing in Latino Communities
Join Mission Investors Exchange and the National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) on March 1 at 2-3:30PM ET for a webinar showcasing how Latino-led and focused financial and asset building institutions are using catalytic capital to drive market capital and resources to Latino borrowers and communities across the United States. Through spotlights on the work of NALCAB along with several NALCAB and MIE members, webinar attendees will learn how these institutions define catalytic capital, how they develop and execute their catalytic investment strategies, and their strategies for measuring and tracking impact. We’ll dive into the topics below and more:
- A foundational overview of catalytic capital
- Examples of catalytic investments
- Strategies for foundations to be more impactful with their investments
See below for the webinar speakers and stay tuned as we add more!
- Daniel Betancourt, President & CEO, Community First Fund and FINANTA
- Marla Bilonick, President & CEO, NALCAB
- Mekaelia Davis, Program Director, Inclusive Economies, Surdna Foundation
- Laura Moreno Lucas, Partner, LAT VC
- James Wahls, Senior Vice President of Programs & Initiatives, Mission Investors Exchange (moderator)
See below for a link to register and stay tuned for information on speakers. For questions related to the webinar, please contact Dan Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo courtesy of Simon Abrams.
Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2022