Information Session: 2024 F.M. Kirby Prize for Scaling Impact
$150,000 Prize to Bolster Journey to Impact at Scale
IS THE KIRBY PRIZE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU?
Join us for this information session to learn more about the prize, timeline, and what we are looking for in our impact enterprise applicants. Applications for the 2024 prize open November 1, 2023 and close January 8, 2024; more information can also be found on our website.
ABOUT THE F. M. KIRBY IMPACT PRIZE
The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Impact (Kirby Impact Prize) is an annual global prize of $150,000 (USD) in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
Named after early entrepreneur, Fred Morgan Kirby, this award is made possible through a generous gift from the F. M. Kirby Foundation.
The Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises, working anywhere in the world, that meet the following criteria:
• Nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid social enterprise operating anywhere in the world
• Strong evidence of impact for at least 3 years and has a plan for how to use the Prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years
• Has a robust anti-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis marginalized identities*
• Has a minimum operating budget of at least $250,000 (USD). Please note that our strongest applicants will have an operating budget between $1-3 million (USD)
• Has exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration and diversity
• Because of tax implications, any international enterprise applicant must also have an established presence in the U.S., whereby they a United States Taxpayer and hold a federal taxpayer identification number. This could include organization recognized as an organization exempt from federal income tax under IRC section 501(c)3 status, a U.S.-based fiscal sponsorship agreement, or other.
*Marginalized identities may include, but are not limited to, religion, race/ethnicity, immigration status, sex, gender, caste, ability status, sexual orientation, etc.
Find more at: https://bit.ly/kirbyimpactprize
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023