Launch of AVPA’s Africa Landscape Study for Social Investments
You are invited to the global launch of a landmark AVPA study: The Landscape for Social Investments in East, West and Southern Africa.
These three regional studies were commissioned by the African Venture Philanthropy Alliance (AVPA) and produced by Intellecap Advisory Services, with support from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), Social Capital Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, and an anonymous donor.
Please join AVPA for an interactive session to present key study findings, including:
- The current state of social investment across the continent and its development over the last decade
- Investment activities and strategies of different social investors, including:
- Corporates, foundations, family offices, sustainability aligned private fund managers
- Faith-based organisations, diaspora remittances
- Development finance institutions, bilateral and multilateral donors
- Enabling environment for social investment
- Demand for social investment capital
- Recommendations for further research and support for industry development
As Africa nears the 2030 target year to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), we face significant challenges, with an estimated $500 billion – $1.2 trillion annual SDG financing gap. At AVPA, they see social investment as a continuum of diverse capital providers who can all contribute to closing this gap in different ways. They hope this study will provide a baseline for understanding how different social investors can collaborate to achieve the SDGs, and beyond.
Time: 3:00 PM Johannesburg / 8:00 AM ET
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2020