Open Mic: Community Foundations Investing to Advance Racial Equity
Join us for an Open Mic conversation on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 1-2:15PM ET to discuss strategies for community foundations to activate their assets to advance racial equity. We’ll explore ways to reenvision risk and lending practices, how to leverage the endowment in service of racial equity, and much more.
- Tony Gattuso, Cleveland Foundation
- Brett Hunkins, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Sarah Abbe Taylor, San Francisco Foundation
Open Mics are lightly structured, webcam-enabled calls for MIE members to come together and discuss ideas and opportunities to create impact. Intended to be flexible, Open Mics embody the goal of mobilizing with urgency, employing a simple concept:
- What ideas, projects, or resources exist within the MIE community — and how can we help each other respond to urgent crises?
- How can we work quickly to bring together a variety of voices, investment opportunities, and best practices in an action-oriented conversation?
MIE members, log in to register for this Open Mic. If you have questions or challenges accessing registration, please contact Zineb Touzani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 1-2:15PM ET
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2022