SOCAP 365 PNW
Social Capital Markets (SOCAP), the premier conference at the intersection of money and meaning, is coming to the Pacific Northwest. Monday, February 5th, 2018, 9am-6pm at Impact Hub Seattle.
Aimed at increasing the flow of capital toward social good, this event brings together impact investors new to the field along with experts steeped in experience. A full day of education and interactive workshops will feature three simultaneous tracks of content: Impact Investing 101 for beginners, 201 for those with some knowledge or experience, and 301 for the lifetime learners who want to deepen their practices and connections in the field.
- The origin story of impact investing
- Facts about today’s impact investors
- Transitioning from philanthropy to investing
- Investing one’s time and experience in addition to capital
- Global vs. local investing
- Sustainable forestry and eco-investing
- Gender-lens and racial equity
- 100% impact across an entire portfolio
- Alternative investment structures
- Building a stronger impact ecosystem
Speakers from: The Impact Finance Center, Global Partnerships, Ecotrust, The Cascadia Foodshed Financing Project, Seattle Foundation, Capria, Fledge, the Seattle Impact Investing Group, Social Venture Partners, Investors’ Circle, Investorflow.org, and more.
SOCAP 365 PNW invites all individual investors, family offices, wealth advisors, and fund managers interested in learning more about impact investing and strengthening their regional network to attend.
In addition to the speakers, breakfast, lunch, and happy hour, the event will include curated connections: introducing like-minded investors with each other and helping foster connections that will extend beyond this one day event.
Location: Seattle, WA
Date: Monday, February 5, 2018