Weathering the Storm II: Using Past Crises to Prepare for the Post-COVID Recovery
Weathering the Storm II synthesizes the experiences and lessons from 16 institutions in 14 countries on four continents that faced a variety of crises over 15-year period. Its aim is to use these lessons to inform those facing future crises, including the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the key findings from this study is that deep crises have long tails, with most institutions taking at least five years simply to get back to their pre-crisis size.
The European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) and the Center for Financial Inclusion (CFI) are pleased to invite you to join for this special seminar featuring the leaders of two of these institutions – Kashf Foundation, Pakistan, and Viator Microcredit Azerbaijan. They will be joined by the lead author of the Weathering the Storm project, as well as the author of the case study of Spandana, India, and expert on the 2010 Andhra Pradesh crisis. Together, they will discuss how past crisis experience has helped them face the COVID-19 crisis and prepare for the coming recovery. They will also happily answer your questions.
- Aynur Alieva, Executive Director and Chair of the Management Board, Viator Microcredit Azerbaijan
- Roshaneh Zafar, Founder and Managing Director of Kashf Foundation
- Narasimhan Srinivasan, Freelance consultant and author of WTS II case study on Spandana
- Daniel Rozas, author of Weathering the Storm I and II and Sr. Microfinance Expert at e-MFP
- Deborah Drake (moderator), Vice President, Investor Engagement and Research, CFI
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM CEST
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2021