What Are the Connections Between Health Equity and Climate Change, and How Can Businesses Play a Role?
Health equity and climate change are closely interconnected, climate change can have adverse effects on human health, especially for vulnerable and marginalised populations. Businesses can promote health equity and address climate change by implementing sustainable practices, reducing their carbon footprint, and investing in technologies and products that promote health and well-being, particularly for underserved communities. But what does this mean in practice? Where should we focus our resources and efforts? What can we learn from others? And how can we work together to address health equity and climate change simultaneously?
Join us for our discussion with a panel of experts to explore these issues and the implications for business action.
- Federica Angius, Health Writer, Crystaal Med. Comm
- Olouch Brendah, Aspire Institute Ambassador
- Simon Munk, Interim Implementation Director for Sustainability, UCLPartners
- Haron Muturi, Junior Leader, Wake and Shine SHG
- Shodigul Mamadyorbekova, Rural Development Advisor, Tajikistan
- Faith Nyanjui, Climate Action Program Officer, The Youth Cafe
- Tolu Seun, Business Fights Poverty Community Member
- Veronica Vago, Senior Manager Environmental Impact, Bayer Consumer Health
Moderator: Katie Hyson, Business Fights Poverty
- How can businesses best address the issue of health equity and climate change?
- What are the best examples of businesses taking action on health equity and climate change issues?
- How can we work together for a more positive impact on health equity and climate change?
This is a text-based discussion which remains open, so please do continue to share your insights.
How to add your comments
To post a comment, you will need to sign in / sign up to the Business Fights Poverty Discussion Forum:
If you are already a member of the Business Fights Poverty online community, click “Log In” at the top right of the page and then enter your details. If you have not logged into our new community platform, you will have to reset your password here 4
If you are not already a member of the Business Fights Poverty online community, you will need to sign up here 7. Once you have joined the community, you can return to this discussion page, click “Log In” at the top right of the page and then enter your details.
Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm EST / 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm GMT
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023