NB Financial Health
Conference Coming Soon: A Sneak Peek at the e-MFP’s 2018 European Microfinance Week
The fall conference season is heating up, with several events planned in the coming months. Among them, on Nov. 14-16, is European Microfinance Week, organized by the European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP).
The event brings together many of the leading players in the global financial inclusion sector for high level and in-depth discussions about the challenges and opportunities in offering financial services to underserved communities worldwide.
Welcoming 500 professionals each year, the conference attracts leading experts, opinion-leaders and policy-makers to its plenaries and workshop sessions, which will include:
- An Action Group Day on Nov. 14, during which specialized working groups meet to hold in-depth discussions and training on their focus topics.
- A line-up of three plenaries and 23 sessions on Nov. 15-16.
- An awards ceremony at the European Investment Bank on the evening of Nov. 15, naming the winner of the European Microfinance Award on Financial Inclusion – to which all conference participants are invited.
This year’s sessions will include discussions of vital topics like how to ensure client protection in digital finance, how to build momentum in financial education, and how to serve the unique needs of smallholder farmers, refugees and young people, among many others.
The plenaries will focus on the following themes:
- Financial inclusion through technology
- Where next for microfinance? (Featuring several of the industry’s pioneering leaders)
- Is there room left for the “little guy”? A debate on the relevance of Tier 2/3 MFIs
The final plenary will be broadcast as a livestream, for viewers who aren’t able to attend in person. NextBillion, a media partner with the event, will broadcast the livestream here on the site.
Stay tuned for details as the conference approaches, and click here to register.
Image provided by e-MFP.