- AMPLIFY Girls
- Africa, remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Fill Application Form on https://bit.ly/AG-Co-CEO
- Where to Apply
|About AMPLIFY Girls
AMPLIFY Girls is a network of 40 community-driven organizations in Africa committed to building agency in adolescent girls. We envision a world where agency and opportunity are granted to every girl and resources and respect are given to the community-driven organizations that support them.
We do this by (1) supporting the growth and health of organizations through intentional collaboration and learning; (2) advocating for the inclusion of community-driven organizations in local, regional and global decision-making spaces; and (3) developing cutting-edge research that enables us to understand, measure, and maximize girls’ agency.
Our network was founded in 2018 when a group of locally-led community-driven organizations convened in Rwanda, looking for connection, resources, and solutions in a development sector that had devalued their work. These convenings became more frequent, and the vision for what this group could accomplish became ever clearer until, one day, AMPLIFY Girls was born as its own formal organization. Today, we honor the vision of that original collective by centering the organizations in our network (our ‘partners’) in everything we do. Our board of directors is predominantly made up of partner representatives, our team is majority African and based in East Africa, and our governance model ensures partner buy-in with every strategic decision.
Collectively, the partners in the network serve over 170,000 over adolescent girls across 5 countries using diverse programmatic approaches with incredible outcomes in education, sexual reproductive health, economic empowerment and many other areas!
In a development sector that often espouses the value of a “bigger is better” mentality, AMPLIFY Girls has decided, in the 2024-2026 Strategic Plan, to prioritize honing our collective work with our partners, sharing our learnings with the world while staying network-oriented, and focusing on structures that lead to greater quality and sustainability organization-wide. Our intention is to grow in specific, targeted areas, while ensuring that we are aligned with our goal of incorporating partner voices at every stage of growth and strategy.
As we enter into our new strategic plan, we are building internal capacity as our network reaches new heights and deepens its commitment to our community-driven partners.About the Position
The current Head and co-founder of AMPLIFY Girls is transitioning to the board after steering the organization since 2018. As part of our efforts to diversify and strengthen our leadership, we are transitioning to a Co-Leadership structure. This exciting change emphasizes our desire to be firmly rooted in community-driven programming in Africa while fortifying our global presence to advocate for and drive resources and respect to evidence-driven solutions for African girls’. Co-leadership is complementary to our values and allows us to set an expectation of collaboration and equitable decision-making at the executive level of our network.
Our current Head of Strategic Partnerships will become our North America-based Co-CEO and we are looking for an Africa-based Co-CEO to help drive towards our ambitious vision!
AMPLIFY Girls’ two Co-CEOs will work hand in hand to steer the organization through and beyond our 3-year Strategic Plan. The Co-CEOs will hold shared responsibilities/decision making, and also split responsibilities as outlined below.
Your Responsibilities will entail:
2. Lead Partner Support Programming and Network Management
● Take lead on our Annual In-Person Convening, shaping the vision, agenda, and planning with the team.
3. Spearhead our growing Advocacy agenda
4. Support Fundraising and Communications (lead by North-America based Co-CEO)
5. Lead Africa-side Operations and Administration
Who we are looking for
Why work with us? What to expect at AMPLIFY Girls!
● AMPLIFY Girls is a remote organization with a flexible work-from-home culture. Our team knows the value of in-person interactions, even for a remote organization, and you can expect travel for face-time with colleagues as well as an annual strategic and restorative retreat.
The role is based in one of our current five network countries (Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda). Our team works fully remote. Regional and International travel will be around 15-20%, with more time spent in the first year visiting partners to build familiarity. Collaboration with the North America-based team will require flexibility for calls in the late afternoons and early evenings.
Ideal start date is May/June 2024, and we will be flexible with the chosen candidate’s availability.
Salary range will be 115,000 – 130,000 USD annual gross depending on relevant experiences and qualifications. Private health cover is provided.
How to apply
● Fill the application form under this link: https://bit.ly/AG-Co-CEO
● Your CV should be no more than 3 pages and in PDF format.
● Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis. There is no application deadline. If the application form link is still accessible, it means that applications are still being received.
● The interview process will entail interviews, written case study exercises, a personality test, team interaction, and reference checks.
● All official communication regarding this opportunity will come from email accounts in the domains edgeperformance.co.ke and amplifygirls.org
● Interested candidates who have questions can reach out to email@example.com