Analyst, Impact Investing
- San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
- Job Type
- Six-month contract initially
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich. For more info, see http://www.tideline.com/
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an individual early in his or her career with an interest in impact investing, philanthropy, and/or consulting.
The Analyst will have an opportunity to be involved in a variety of client-related work, contributing to the research required to inform findings and recommendations, as well as assisting in the development of client materials. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad and practical knowledge.
Candidates are being considered for either the San Francisco or New York offices.
Core responsibilities include:
- Perform research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Develop client materials, including PowerPoint presentations, reports, and potentially Excel-based financial analysis
- Support preparations for, and participate in, team brainstorming and strategy development for client projects
- Support general administrative and operational tasks related to projects, such as scheduling and coordinating back-office activities
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and has an interest in and knowledge of impact investing. Tideline is a fast-growing firm working with some of the most important institutions in impact investing and delivering work of the highest quality. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint
- Strong writing ability
- Design experience or sensibilities a plus
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please apply through the link provided, and indicate in your cover letter your preference/availability for either the San Francisco or New York office. Please send any questions to email@example.com.