- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
At Kingo we provide a unique solar energy service to rural communities in Central America and South Africa without access to the grid. Our service is prepaid, giving poor customers the ability to pay by the month, week, day or even the hour, at a price cheaper than candles. We have built our own mobile payment and data analysis platform and we are looking for a Head Developer to lead our technology as we continue our rapid growth.
Access to electricity is vital for human development and for everyone at Kingo the mission is to turn lives ON. Kingo clients save money, they have more economic opportunity and are more productive, they spend more time together as a family, their children study more, and they don’t suffer from burns or fumes.
• Develop Kingo’s web applications, mobile applications and web services
• Grow Kingo’s mobile payment and data platform to help poor communities around the world
• Design and build the most reliable, secure, scalable and distributable architecture
• Lead and direct Kingo’s development teams
• Join Kingo’s management team and help drive the business
• Bring innovative ideas, technologies and processes to Kingo’s software
• Four or more years of experience as a developer
• Experience writing world class software applications
• Degree in computer science, systems engineering or other technical or scientific field
• Non SQL databases like CouchDB
• Big data analysis with Elastic Search
• Mobile development with Cordova and Ionic
• Backend development with Node.js
• RESTful web services
• Team management
• Agile project management
• Salary: Competitive salary
• Hours: Full time position
• Location: Kingo headquarters in Guatemala City. Guatemala is a beautiful country in Central America, producing world-class coffee and sugar. It is a great place to explore with a pleasant climate, rich indigenous culture, volcanoes, Mayan ruins and jungles. Kingo headquarters are in Zone 4, an entrepreneurial hub with a creative and fun vibe.
If you are interested in this position and have the experience and skills we need then please send your CV email@example.com.