- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply through our website
- Where to Apply
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the Role
We are looking for a Communications Specialist who has strong writing experience, savviness engaging with digital audiences, and a passion for the mission and vision of Evidence Action, to join our External Relations team. Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications, they will work closely together with other members of the External Relations team and with other teams across the organization to amplify our unique approach and global impact. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
– Write content for use across a variety of platforms including social media, blogs, newsletters, and press releases.
– Help design campaigns and data-driven social media strategies in coordination with external consultants.
– Manage our social media accounts and website Content Management System (CMS).
– Review and regularly update our work planning tools including editorial calendar and task management system.
– Help design and execute marketing and fundraising campaigns in collaboration with our fundraising team.
– Triage and respond to external inquiries and internal requests for collateral and communications support
– Support design and implementation of brand management, social media, media, and crisis communications policies.
– Coordinate knowledge and information management for the global communications function.
– Any other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or marketing; or in public health, international relations, or economics with experience and interest in communications or journalism.
– 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with experience working for a media organization and/or evidence-driven organizations are strongly preferred.
– Strong writing skills.
– Experience conducting interviews with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
– Experience managing social media accounts in a professional setting.
– Experience contributing to the creation of marketing and/or fundraising materials.
– High digital literacy and ability to learn new technologies/software.
– An ability to multi-task and track multiple projects, often with minimal supervision.
– Interest in digital and/or graphic communications strategies.
– Curiosity, attentiveness to detail, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
– Flexibility/adaptability and commitment to learning.
– Experience using a Content Management System such as WordPress.
– Experience using Pardot or other analytics tools.
– Strong design skills, with experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and other design platforms is a plus.
– Experience with video editing/making software such as Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects.
– Existing media relationships are a plus.
We encourage applicants to apply by November 11th for immediate consideration.