- San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
WAKE’s mission is to accelerate and amplify the work of women’s rights and social justice leaders and their organizations.
The Program Coordinator will be an integral part of a small, action-oriented team dedicated to advancing women’s rights and social justice, locally and globally. WAKE seeks an enthusiastic, organized and creative team member with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively on multiple projects. This is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Support the WAKE team in planning and conducting workshops, volunteer trips and Fellowship activities related to the expansion of WAKE’s Tech2Empower initiative. This will include:
– Plan and conduct international trips and workshops (approximately twice a year; Tech2Empower Rwanda is set for May 2019), as well as Tech2Empower USA in March 2019 (convening social justice leaders from across the U.S. in a 3-day tech workshop and social impact challenge event, in collaboration with corporate partners.
– Design and roll-out of Tech2Empower USA Fellowship projects and trips.
– Lead all logistics for the above, with guidance from CEO and COO, including identifying and managing vendor relations (hotel, transportation, cultural events, catering, interpreters, etc.), ordering supplies and processing invoices.
2) Contribute to design and communications elements for the Tech2Empower activities, including:
– Creation and dissemination of workshop materials, capturing and organizing impact materials such as participant quotes, photos and related social media.
– Contribute to impact stories for donor reports, presentations, marketing materials, website and grant applications.
– Contribute to the development, distribution and maintenance of collateral, including e-newsletters, brochures and other digital materials.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
There is potential for the Program Coordinator to travel with the WAKE team, supporting logistics and communications during Tech2Empower activities internationally and domestically; approximately 2-4 times per year.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Communications or other relevant field or equivalent job-related experience required; Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience; Proven track record of dedication to social justice and/or women’s rights issues, whether through work or volunteer experience; Strong organizational and communications skills. WAKE seeks candidates from varied backgrounds, including different types of education and experience that will bring diverse skills and views to our team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong desire to learn within and contribute to a small team that is high-energy, passionate and dedicated to advancing social justice; Personal and professional alignment with WAKE’s dedication to leveraging technology and resources to amplify the critical work of social just leaders around the world. Highly refined cultural-sensitivity and interest and experience working with diverse partners is required. Experience managing vendors, putting on events and strong multi-tasking skills are considered attractive. Language skills a plus (Spanish).
The Program Coordinator reports jointly to WAKE CEO and COO.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to perform tasks such as typing, for up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to walk, stand and sit for extended periods.
The position is based at WAKE’s office, which is in the Presidio of San Francisco. It is a bright, light-filled office shared with three other team members.
In order to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 21, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.